Monday, October 15, 2012

Homemade Chocolate Chunks



Chocolate is one of my favorite things! LOVE chocolate! As does my husband. Tho store bought chocolate chips just aren't something that I buy. I missed making chocolate chip cookies, pancakes with chocolate chips in them, and all the rest of the yummy things that require the small delicious chocolate chips!

SO I've got good news for all you chocolate lovers out there! :-) Homemade Chocolate chunks! I prefer BIG chunks to chips anyway! ;-) Ready for the recipe?


Homemade Chocolate Chunks

1 cup butter, coco butter, or Palm Shortening (I use palm shortening)
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup coco powder

Take a sauce pan and melt your oil. I stir it frequently so that it doesn't pop and so that it melts faster. Then add the sugar so that you can melt it. I use Organic Cane Sugar. I've heard that you can use honey, stevia, or any other sweetener you want to try (I want to try it with Maple syrup). After you have the sugar stirred in you add the coco powder. Pour it into an 8x8 pan and put it into the freezer for a few hours or until hard. Then cut it up into chunks of your desired size! :-) Mmm! Enjoy!



Find the original recipe here. 

2 comments:

A Restful Place said...

This is great! I need to start making my own. I buy the best ones that I can find at our store, but they aren't the best. We don't use them as much as coco powder and I buy that organic. I'm going to make these soon! :)

Blessings to you!

Anonymous said...

Do you know how this good these are in cookies??? I see many recipes that melt at room temp's but palm oil shouldn't melt. Also do you think or have you tried freezing these? Thanks for all your help.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...