Monday, November 5, 2012

Healthy Oatmeal Pancakes

I've decided that for the most part I don't want to eat sugar or white flour throughout this pregnancy. So I've been trying to find recipes that don't use white flour or sugar. I used to love my oatmeal pancake recipe. But it had both. So I altered it and here is what I now have! I personally think it is just as good! As does my husband who told me at first that he didn't notice a difference! :-)




Healthy Oatmeal Pancakes

2 cups rolled oats
2 cups buttermilk

In a bowl combine oats and buttermilk, stir to blend well. Either cover and let sit till morning or let sit while you make up the rest.

1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt

In another bowl stir these together.

2 Tbls honey
2 eggs lightly beaten
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2-1 cup raisens (optional and to taste)

Add these things to the oats and buttermilk. Stir just till blended. Then add the dry ingredients and stir till moistened, If batter seems to thick add more buttermilk. Preheat griddle over medium heat, use 1/3 cup for each cake. Cook and serve with maple syrup!

1 comment:

A Restful Place said...

I'm saving this to make soon! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...