Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Potty Training

On her birthday!

I really can't believe we are starting to potty train now. She just seams so small still. But nonetheless we are becoming a big girl more and more. It's time!

I really don't know where to begin with this. How do I introduce her to the 'toilet'? Anyone got any first time advice for me? 

So far I haven't got a 'baby toilet' yet. So I've just sat her on the big one and she cried at me (she was crabby that day, probably not the best day to start something new). A baby toilet would probably help too, as would training pants (maybe?). What products have you found to be useful? 

I've heard several different methods for starting out:

~My mom used to just take us in the bathroom with her when she went and asked us if we wanted to be big girls and sit down on the potty too. 

~I've heard that some people put them on the potty and then give them a treat if they go.

What method have you used that worked? I would love to hear about your experience! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the little seats that you put on the big potty. I think it helps them get used to the big one faster. Consistency is the key! We set a timer for 15 minutes....everytime it went off, we went potty, but only got a treat or sticker if we "did" something. I didn't like the training pants. We went straight to big girl panties. It was easier for her to feel when she was wet, and make the connection. My daughter potty trained super super fast. My son? Not so much! I thought he was going to be 5 before he got it! Good luck and prayers!

Mommy Bags said...

I have the little seats in the bathrooms and so far it has worked no every time but she is getting the idea. I am going to start some kind of reward program soon. My little one is not 2 yet I think I am more ready than she is...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...